In a previous blogpost I concluded to flip the chargers. Furthermore I had found a box that exactly fitted in the rear side area.
So I started working on the junction box support. First I added a proper fixation for the cover in the floor.
And created some supports.
In such a way that it optimised the space available for cables and just fits behind the upholstery.
And the box did fit indeed.
Also in terms of upholstery although I do need to find new panels due to the cutouts for the speakers made by a previous owner.
Next I repeated it on the other side. First adding the charger mounting.
And a junction box support.
And finished both supports off with some zinc coat.
Since the chargers to produce 150W of waste heat per hour and are in a confined space I will add temperature controlled forced ventilation. So I bought a temperature controller.
And some hoses and material to make sure the airflow is being directed to the charger.
Now I only need to find a suitable fan.
EVCC and 12V charger
Next I installed the EVCC (the charge controller).
And the 12V charger.
After that I continued working on the cooling system looking for a suitable place for the battery coolant pump. Recommended by Mischa from Garage71 I’m adding the pump in the front despite the fact that most of the modules (and thus pressure drop) are in the back. The in/out of the front battery box only fit at the left hand side so I redesigned the coolant distribution block.
It still needs improvement. I did buy the heating element to be able to install that as well.
And I did some 3D sketching on the expansion vessel.
After discussing the layout with my father who is also converting his car, we concluded that the expansion vessel does not need to be at the highest point. Getting the air out of the system is a one-off anyway. That makes things easier.