In May 2015 I did some welding on the right front side already. I repaired the chassis beam and positioned and fixed the crossmember. The floor itself still was a large hole.
Currently the body is hanging in a spit so I can rotate it easily which makes it much easier to repair it. I started by removing the over plate by drilling out the spotwelds.
This increases the accessibility and prevents the panel from being damaged any further.
Next I prepared a panel which exactly fits to weld the panel in without any overlap.
I used my Arboga mill to drill holes for the plug welds on top of the crossmember.
And I stitched the floor panel in to hold it in place.
And fully welded it all around and filled the plug welds.
Finally I grinded the wells and smoothened them using a lamellar grinding wheel.
Perhaps smoothen it a little more and then temporary paint with Owatrol.