According to the drawing we clamped in the rear panel.
And welded it.
Nice and solid.
The box needs to be air tight so we also welded the openings required for the folding.
At home I drilles all the holes for mounting the cover and added rivet nuts.
Except where I did not have enough room and welded in nuts instead.
The box can now be closed. I will use a seal though.
In the meantime Mischa completed the front frames and I welded on some of the nuts myself.
Finally Mischa welded the frames into the box.
Great to have a close up view.
Now it’s ready to be installed in the car.
Rear battery box
Next: the rear battery box was on the bench.
In my design I managed to design it as one piece as much as possible to reduce the amount of welding and thus warping due to the heat.
Very happy with the end result.
Again I welded some of the nuts to the frame myself.
Which makes the stainless steel welding ready for now.
I immediately did a test fit of the rear frame. As planned it fits while keeping the original long tow bar.
On the car I need to finalise the mounts of the rear box and make it air tight. I will do that once I’m putting it in the rotating frame again.