Some bad news unfortunately… We were enjoying our break and travelling through Sweden as a familiy. This morning the Voltvo caught fire spontaneously. It was just parked, not charging or anything. Good news is we are all OK. The firemen did a great job and the stainless steel battery box with vent caps did it’s job. Nevertheless the damage is significant. I am devastated and don’t know what to say. I was working on a book about my project but did not expect this plot twist.
On June 30th around 7:55 we were woken up “Your car on fire”. Noooooo. Unfortunately it was true and we rushed to the car. No way we could stop the fire so we started getting as much of our stuff as we could. Luckily the firemen arrived quickly.
Saskia gave me the song Phoenix by Fia
Travel down with me
In the dark you’ll learn to see
Cradled by the Earth
This is your rebirth
All you ever thought you were
Got taken by the fire
Naked in a brand new world
Who are you, what do you desire?
Go gentle, go slow
The shovel took the Amazon to a remote area close to the campsite where it could stabilize. From there on it was picked up by a truck and brought to a garage. At that point it was not yet declared a total-loss so the insurance approved transportation back to The Netherlands. Huge thanks to the firemen for their work, good communication and collaboration.