The stainless steel battery box parts are in so now it’s time to weld everything together. Despite the fact that I have bought a TIG welder and welding the heater went quite ok, I’ve decided to outsource the welding of the battery boxes. Stainless steel is more difficult to weld than steel and moreover, the battery mounts are quite a critical part. Furthermore I want nice and clean welds. With the beams all sorted I went to Mischa from Garage71.
What a craftmenship! My compliments, especially given the high temperatures of 33 degrees or more inside and outside.
Some corrections and alignment was needed now and then due to the impact of the heat in the steel. In the end it was all nice and straight.
Nice to see a design that I’ve spend so many hours on to become real.
Test fitting an module. Check! Fits perfectly.
The same goes for the frame in the outer skin of the box. Nice and tight.
So I’m very happy with the results so far.
There still is plenty of welding work to do, so to be continued….